Search here

Nigeria At 52, Even In Chains...


It’s 1st of October, marking Nigeria’s Independence. Yes, Nigeria is 52

Nigeria at 52
I woke up thinking of what to post on my blog, twitter, facebook, and all that but find it difficult to think straight. I felt, to wish Nigeria well is not enough due to the highhandedness of a politically and economically powerful few who can manipulate anything at anytime to suit their personal insatiable interest even to the detriment of the politically and economically powerless millions; and most pitiably our DEAR NIGERIA.


These few have kept Nigeria in chains and continually heist its resources, not just for their use but for the store for not less than two generations yet unborn provided the prodigal sons and daughter will not have access to such store. In our various search for a way to free Nigeria and ourselves, some take to criminal shortcuts, others to activism, some to prayers, others to cursing, many to abusing, few to folding of arms and watching. But for some of us…

In search of an idea to spark off my day, I turned to my favorite social network site, twitter and I am so grateful for the first tweet I read, what a way to start a Nation’s New Year and a New Month. Not just any month though, but the month of my birth too (don’t send the birthday presents yet, wait till 31st). The tweet is posted by @OluyomiOjo and in verbatim he tweeted:
If you think we don’t have any reason to thank God today, kindly relocate to Somalia or Afghanistan. #Nigeria@52
I don’t know why he didn’t choose Syria over Somalia. This sent a chill down my spine and I began to see more reasons than anyone to give thanks to God.

I would take to ranting, cursing and abusing but can’t figure out clearly what I’d do if I were in any of those countries torn by war. Yes we have our challenges too but we aren’t worse than the dead even if that’s all we have, Life; all we need, HOPE; A great testimony that is. That is why for today at least, I won’t bother myself on our security or economic challenges, just Thanks to God and Pray for a Better Days ahead.

Nigeria though 52, and in Chains; I have a reason to celebrate Our Dear Nigeria as she clocks 52 and be grateful for the wonderful opportunities and challenges that life has handed down through her, which has helped me to be better, stronger and, flexibly tough me.

The Land is Green Still...

God Bless Nigeria,
God Bless Nigerians,
God Bless Me.

Get free email updates!

Follow us!

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...