Search here

My Birthday Adventure into the Year 2045...

I’m not worried about how I suddenly got here. Imagination can take us places.
It’s my birthday, so having a deeper thought of what I want the coming years to be like is today more spiritual than usual. That took me on psychogenic tour into the future.
The morning devotion is a bit longer and deeper than usual; there are countless reasons to be grateful for the past, present and the future. Who ever thought Eyitayo will come this far before quitting on life; who had the audacity to think I'll be here today dreaming. No one, not even me. Indeed, God is good.

I have no choice than enjoy the ride 
my mind took me on. It was such a swift switch from here to sometimes in about the year 2045 that I’m not sure if I properly finished my devotion before I found myself in a future so distant, yet so close.

Grey hair were obvious now especially on my not-totally scraped beard, my Gucci-handle “shakomatic” rather than recommended glasses firmly fixed and sat a bit below the eye level as I peep into the world through the internet-enabled laptop. The living room was beautiful and neat, well furnished with household gadgets and apt lighting. There was no need for gasoline power generating set, Nigeria has gone far beyond these days.

It is actually a weekday but I’m done with all the work. All I need to do is relax and enjoy the fruit of my labor with Diadem; and of course, feed our ego with the pride of success Fisayo and His younger siblings endlessly bring to us. “Diadem” is still beautiful as ever, loved more than ever; her sonorous voice could be heard from the bedroom singing her favorite “The steadfast Love of the Lord Never Ceaseth…” She’s obviously coming out of the shower, applying those cosmetics I know little or nothing about but which effect I cannot deny. She still hasn’t outgrown the after-makeup question of “How do I look Dear”, to which answer has remained “Beautifully cute!” in our 30 years of marriage.

Fisayo walked in as I was complimenting is mama, Diadem. He’s about my present age, corporately dressed. What a brilliant young chap. We chorused “You should be at work, Fisayo”. He smiled and said I’ll explain after you answer my greetings. Ou! We almost didn’t know he greeted. Welcome son, how are you and your “Lulu”? He couldn’t hide the smile and I could read his mind (this old man with his archaic slangs! My wife, Lulu?). He’s come to show us his promotion letter. Incorporation of his IT firm is at final stage though. That’s my son!

I was happy I trained them while young and I don’t have to do that with pension benefits. Thank God for bringing financially prudent Diadem my way, I’m glad I subscribed to her savings idea. As we set out in our new Mercedes SUV to the grocery store to shop for some items…

…Off the Alarm goes. I screamed, Jesus Christ! I’m late for office. It’s actually 31st October 2013, not 2045. Welcome me back to 2013 as I hustle on to make that 2045 tour a reality.

It’s my birthday

Get free email updates!

Follow us!

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...