Search here

My 2013 Vote of Thanks



I’ve had a few opportunities to attend formal functions and one common thing at the end of each is the Vote of Thanks said by the host. 2013 is such a big occasion, hence expressing my gratitude to those who have inversely or adversely been contributory to my long list of experience along the way won’t be out of order. The reason I never feel alone.



I am a firm believer in family; I am an African to the core. I appreciate Mo’omi, the woman different from the rest who through God’s making brought me here. The memory of Late Ba’ami lingers on. I appreciate my family in its entirety. You were there through my mental and physical formative years. Eshee



The year 2013 is likened to a play. I am more than lucky to be featured all through the whole episodes. Thanks to all those who paid their way into the theatre hall where the shows were staged. I also appreciate the gate-crashers; your applause and criticisms has been pivotal.



To the friends that have remained loyal to me despite my weaknesses, you are all appreciated for showing me how to tolerate others having different outlook on issues we preserve religiously. You guys enthroned my virtues and abased my vices. I am but HUMAN; thanks for been there always.



A very BIG thanks to you my DIADEM for your determined stand through the trimming and reshaping; through the touchy baffling attitudes I often exhibit. You never cease to teach me how to love even in the midst of clashing opinions. You’re the reason this once achy Heart of mine still BEAT… Goop! Goop! Goop! I can’t but pay you back with Ife Unlimited.



To those I’ve erred, apologies. Thanks for moving past my shortcomings. I covet, with Holy covetousness, your virtue of forgiveness. It takes the strong to truly forgive; yes plenty strength.



To those bold enough to point out my flops (I err a lot), thanks; you’re my fresh ideas Bank. Reeling out a constructive criticism isn’t cheap. Please neither go bankrupt nor dormant.



If you have said a word of encouragement to me this year 2013 to take just a step further, thank you. You have opened my eyes to the energy within which I never knew were there. You activated the dormant potentials I never knew about.



To those who catapult challenges at me, be they positive or negative, more grease to your wheels. You have kept me always prepared, on my toes and helped constantly nourish my IQ for improved problem-solving skills.



To those who LOL and Yimu at the snippet of my ever big dreams, thanks for serving as evidence that my dreams, vision and aspiration are way too large for your 75kilobyte brain to comprehend. If I have to dream at all, I dream big; mediocrity is out the options.



To the gossipers, backbiters, rumor mongers, and the associates; I appreciate your free publicity. You’ve been of help by recruiting new fans for me daily. Through your unsolicited campaigns, real and fermented, someone has asked and known who Eyitayo is. May your saliva never run dry, and your voice not faint.



Thanks to those who promised and fulfilled, you’re a God-sent. More thanks to those who are yet to fulfill, you keep the hopes alive. Most thanks to those who fail and will continue to fail, you have thought me to look within and Trust God only.



To you, yes you (Una know una sef) that showed me fake love, toyed with my Heart, broke it and bounced away; I have long forgiven you so I can forgive myself. Thanks too for the eventual QUIT. Your fakeness is the reason I know there’s Original. May Cupid smile on you as it has on me.



To those who judge me before listening to my side of the story, Kudos. It takes plenty courage to be a biased coward. Your judgment doesn’t define me; it defines you and highlights your frontiers of reasoning.



I appreciate those who have flattered me and inflated my ego, ehm... self-worth too, be your intention good or bad, you have underlined what is possible and achievable. Thank you all.



Thanks to all those who have thought and said I will not make it this far. You guys have consolidated my belief that what people say or think have no bearing on my progress except if I agree to it.



I appreciate Nigeria and our Leaders for keeping us as one still. You’re the reason my seven years old National ID Card is still Valid. God pay you back in higher denomination.



Thank you GEJ for holding on thus far. Your thoughts assure me that if my LUCK is GOOD enough, competence is not a factor. Please don’t ask about efficiency now, at least not today.



Oshee Baba-Sanjour for hypocritically exposing the popular truth. More thanks though to Al-Mu for the brave challenge to a debate. You guys are the reason some of us have Naija issues to discuss. Keep up the drama, even God is watching.



The biggest Thanks have I reserved for God Almighty whose Steadfast Love has Remained firm in my infirmities. I will forever be indebted to you for the Graciously Biased Love you’ve shown me. Thank you!



Thank you 2013



See y’all in 2014.

Get free email updates!

Follow us!

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...